Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Scenic?

Thread: What Scenic?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What Scenic?

Hi Peeps,
My low mileage HPI clear 2001 Citroen Xsara 1.4LX is up for MOT next month.What I'm hoping to do, is MOT it, then sell it for between 600-800,using the money I make towards a Renault Scenic. Now the question is Which Scenic?
Due to disabilities I wouldn't mind an automatic, but can still manage a manual gearbox.Should I go for a 1400, 1600 or diesel.What should I look for & what should I avoid like the plague. I've seen some on ebay , with misfires, but at a reasonable price.What could cause the misfires?
I'm sure I read somewhere the clutch is an engine out job, is this correct, or are there other ways of doing this?
How often should the cambelts be changed & what are the service intervals?
Which is the best model to go for ( RXE, Alize, RT, Expression )?
Was outbid on a 2001 Diesel, with fuel problems.For future reference how difficult is it to change the fuel/lift pump?
I'm sure there are other questions I could possibly come up with, but my mind is made up, due to it's multi-uses, along with the ease of removal of the rear seats to use like a van ( I sometimes help out my mate as a Mobile DJ ) & I definitely want a Scenic as my next wheels.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Currently in cagga's garage:
Renault Scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by cagga
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
What Scenic? Cars & motoring torque777 5 1603 2nd September 2012 03:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome