Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Scenic?

Thread: What Scenic?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: What Scenic?

Just to cover the basics, before you rule anything out have you seriously looked at alternatives such as Xsara Picasso, Nissan Almera Tino and Honda CRV or even a Fiat Multipla especially this one?
I say this because having rushed into buying a scenic I find myself waiting for something to go wrong and wishing I had bought one of the above.

In my experience the scenics auto gearbox warning light can light up and trying to get it sorted is time consuming and/or expensive. If you can live with it going into limp mode every other trip then you could probably ignore it like me, but to be honest IF you can get a scenic cheaply then be prepared to spend money getting it sorted out, which is probably good advice for any second hand vehicle but I suspect more-so for Renaults.

Check for damp carpets, warning lights not coming on or going off when they should, electric windows not working and electrical issues.

As for specific versions it's a matter of researching particular features and deciding what you want - for me having the ability to turn off the kids access to the rear electric windows was an unexpected bonus and it's definitely a feature I will be looking for in the future.

I hope this helps a little.

Currently in GamithUK's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 1.6 petrol Dynamique Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome