Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Wheels and Tyres - Brake Problems when new

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hi Suzanna,

My Scenic II Privilige 1.6 bought new 09/03/05, from just a couple of hundred miles I had brake squeal, excessive pedal travel, imbalance in braking, after in the service dept for a day problems were still there, I noticed the rear right pad did not seem to be sitting against disc properly wear pattern different to left, service had another go at it, they removed air from rear right of system,greased and adjusted brakes, problems still there, excessive pedal travel, poor response at low speed braking, soft pedal, they then replaced brake master cylinder did some other bits and pieces to system, car had been off the road for a total 24 days in the first 4 months, At present brakes are pulling, judder, soft pedal, excessive travel, very poor low speed braking, brake squeal, grating noise from brakes, Sometimes in town driving you feel as if car is not going to stop other times it pulls up very sharply, I have heard of other Scenic II owners experiancing similar problems one on this forum Jonah.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome