Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #242 of (permalink) Old 4th September 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Originally Posted by RobLagunaII View Post
My story so far - Driving up the M1 from London to Glasgow a few weeks back my 2002 1.9DCI Lag II started to loose power intermittently when running above 2000 RPM. The intermittent power loss was at regular intervals about every 10 to 15 seconds. It lasts a few seconds and is followed by a big puff of black smoke, I pulled in and called the RAC, after much tinkering we disconnected the MAF and the car ran OK, but a bit slow until the turbo cut in. Anyway when I got it home I read the posts on this thread, I've cleaned the ERG and ports but the problem came back when I reconnected MAF . So I replaced the MAF and still the problem persists. The only other odd thing about the car is that it make a slight hissing noise when the turbo is engaged. I've checked all the pipes I can see and all seems fine. Not sure what to do next and would welcome some advise.
Hi Rob, I'm currently having similar issues, and have just changed my EGR , although it appears that my car has had a new one in the past (tell tale signs of the old one being tapped round with a punch) I suspect I've either got an air leak on the inlet side, or my intercooler/associated pipe work is split.

I suppose I shouldn't be too upset, after all the car has done 172K miles!

Anyway, check your intercooler and see if it is swollen, and check all pipe work for cracks/splits. also check out the map sensor on the pipe from the intercooler to the inlet... I managed to break the clips and blow it out of it's hole a couple of years ago... it's be cable tied in since!

short of that, it's going to be either Boost pressure sensor, (rubber mounted thingy on the drivers side near the bulkhead), or broken electrical cables.

I'm determined to fix mine, so when I find out, I'll let you know!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome