Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear Door Lock Replacement*with pictures*

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 4th September 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Re: Rear Door Lock Replacement*with pictures*

after reading through this forum for help,which to be honest i coulnt understand as im a total novice, i decided to give the door/lock ago. the door wouldnt open from the outside handle, also other door wouldnt open from either side cos of child lock on!!!!
well i will explain in dummys terms as im one.

take off the inside panel, 4 screws 2 at the bottom 1 in dish 1 on inner door handle. pull off with a little force as its held in with plugs.
now unscrew side window bar. 2 screws/bolts on the edge of door and take bar out easier to manouvre, now un screw the lock itself. 3 screws altogether in same place on side of door.
you should notice that it isnt atttached to the outer handle cos the bar isnt attached thats why its not opening
take out the whole lock, there is a yellow/white plastic thing as seen in the previous pics on the thread. this needs replacing as it sits in its hole and onto the bar which attaches to the outer handle. i went to the scrap yard practiced on there door put the plastic in my pocket and came home. well press the new plastic in its hole attach the small bar. now start to put back together with screws dont put side window bar back until you attach small rod bar to out handle from the inside you can see where it goes if you look up insie the door, when in place try the lock to see it working. now replace window support bar and put panel back on. i did the same to other door but had to take out the seat to get to the 2 bottom screws. fiddled with screwdriver and released the door.
now i tried my best to simplyfy it pleas feel free to email me if any help needed
Currently in steevo's garage:
renault scenic megane
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome