Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace IV - rear brake caliper removal with worn disk?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace IV - rear brake caliper removal with worn disk?

Hi All,

I have a half mm lip on both sides of my rear disks, which mean I am unable to slide the caliper off the disk after undoing the 2 retaining bolts.

I'm unable to compress the piston, as it has an anti-return mechanism (I read on here).

Any suggestions on how to get it off? I don't really want to drift it off, as I do not have the correct rewind tool for the caliper, so may end up needing to re-use the worn pads if my big snipe nose pliers cannot rewind the piston back in (while I order/wait for the correct tool).

How easy would it be to file the lip off in an area big enough to get the caliper off do you think?

Many thanks, Richard
Currently in dowser's garage:
2003 Espace 2.0T Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by dowser
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace IV - rear brake caliper removal with worn... Brakes/Hubs TTT 6 2181 7th September 2012 09:05 AM
Espace IV 3rd row of seats not locking properly Interiors Big Dav 3 1078 17th November 2011 09:30 PM
Espace IV (2003) - Steering Wheel Angle Sensor Electronics dowser 3 7684 16th September 2011 03:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome