Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic Break Cables

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Scenic Break Cables

I've just had new pads and discs fitted to my Renault Megane Scenic Expression 1.6 so imagined that this would fix a problem I was having with my breaks & handbreak not working at one side properly although for some reason my rear break cable does not seem to be tightening when I am hitting my breaks, I had a friend have a look at it who called both the Renault helpline & the locar car spares shop who advised that because of the electric breaking mechanism to replace the break cables could cost up to 500 to fix as they will not sell these cables seperately, Please tell me this can't be true & the break cables can be sourced somewhere without buying a whole new mechanism, I would appreciate any help at all with this or if someone could even give me a link to where I can get the break cables would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Currently in dylandreyer1's garage:
Renault Scenic Expression 16' Petrol MPV
  5 Lastest Threads by dylandreyer1
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic Break Cables Brakes/Hubs Warren569 3 2008 7th September 2012 06:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome