Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - 'Kangarooing' When Accelerating*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2012
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - 'Kangarooing' When Accelerating*FIXED*

Originally Posted by Elle1234 View Post
I'm having a similar problem with my 2005 scenic. Most of the time it starts & runs fine, but from time to time the revs dip like its losing power. Today it did it when I started it up, I had to rev it quite a bit to keep it running, if I just pressed the start button & left it it fired up but then the revs dropped down & it died. Once I got it running it was fine & drove like normal.
A couple of weeks ago I set off normally but got stopped in traffic about 1minute after leaving the house & it wasn't idling right, the revs kept dropping down to the point the whole car was juddering like it was about to stall.
Other times it starts fine but as I'm driving it feels like its losing power & sometimes it kangaroos a little, it feels like I'm taking my foot on & off the gas. I find it only does it while the engine is cold, once its warmed up it runs fine but I think something needs sorting before the problem gets worse. Any ideas?
Me too, but it stays even when warmed up..
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome