Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Cost of Modus 1.5dci oil change?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cost of Modus 1.5dci oil change?

Hey everyone, just found this forum and registered- its very useful! My Modus which is just coming up to being a year old is telling me it needs an oil change soon. Its a 1.5dci 80bhp and has done 7k, and has its first birthday next month. Its not due for an oil change as part of a service until 12k or 2 years but having read the threads on here, I'm inclined to change the oil anyhow as its been a year since I bought it new and its done a lot of short journeys. Just rang my local renault dealer and they have quoted me 142 which seems a bit steep for me- apparently 55 for the oil , 80 for an hour's labour and the rest for filters etc. I'd appreciate members' advice on whether this charge is reasonable, and whether I should do an oil change now or leave it a while. ps. I'm also trying to work out why a modus with a 1.5dci engine needs servicing every 12k yet a clio with the same generaiton of engine needs a service every 18k... doesn't instill confidence in Renault's guidelines...
Currently in MMModus's garage:
2005 Renault Modus 1.5dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by MMModus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cost of Modus 1.5dci oil change? Cars & motoring Xileno 6 7242 12th October 2006 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome