Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #245 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Hello everyone, here's my story-

Megane 1.9dCi started to lose power when accelerating hard and the Diesel Heater light came on. I removed the EGR valve and cleaned it- it was filthy and the ports were almost completely blocked. After refitting and testing the car was still the same. I removed the EGR again and cleaned as much as possible of the sludge from the inlet manifold using the threaded bar with a washer technique (thanks whoever posted that).

Then I bought a can of 10k Boost Power Restorer. I was a bit sceptical- the way it's used is by spraying directly into the intake, after the mass flow meter with the engine running- one minute spraying followed by 10 minutes idling, repeat until can empty, then give it a good rev and drive for 10 mins.

The car is back to full power and the Diesel Heater Light never comes on.

After using the spray (19.99 from Halfords) and when I revved it there was a huge cloud of blue/grey smoke, after this cleared I drove it for 15 mins and was amazed- it felt like a new car again.

I hope this helps other people, I thought my turbo was packing up (megabucks) so a 20 can was worth a try- I'm so glad I did.

Currently in Flyingleek's garage:
My Shed!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome