Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic Electronic Handbrake Stripdown Plus Photos

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Grand Scenic Electronic Handbrake Stripdown Plus Photos

Hi there,

I found this write up extremely useful and it helped me strip my own Grand Scenic II handbrake successfully. My brakes seized on and I found out it was down to the offside (drivers) outer cable breaking, resulting in stiction when the brake was retracting. Looking at other threads this seems to be extremely common Renault quoted me over 460+Vat for the new handbrake and then 95+Vat to reprogramme the ECU (if I fitted the handbrake unit myself). However, I got in touch with Tony and John at Cablecraft in Dublin and look at their website for address) and sent the damaged cable over to them - they removed the ends, replaced the inner and outer cable and posted back to me for @75 (Euros 90.00). Once they got the cable it was turned around within the day and I got it back by courier 3 days later i.e. a brilliant service.

Thought I'd let everyone know there is an alternative to fitting a secondhand unit or going to Renault.

Currently in Warren569's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 Dci 130

Last edited by HeatherJ; 18th September 2012 at 03:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warren569 For This Useful Post:
Cardinal Sin (5th January 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome