Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #247 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Ok, last week my 2nd hand eBay intercooler arrived, I inspected the unit and confirmed its the later type with three metal bands. I filled the intercooler with paraffin to check for leaks and it proved solid. Saturday morning arrived and having read the procedure on this forum for removing the bumper, grill and lights I got to the intercooler, you just have to drop the air conditioning condenser from the front of the intercooler. You don't even have to drain the power steering system. The only bits that were slightly fiddly were removing two small securing clips from the lower section of the air conditioning condenser, one pinged off and ended up in the undertray, took ages to find. I also snapped off a bolt that holds the bumper on, my fault for not using WD40 first, I should know better after 25 years of servicing my own cars. I repaired it by drilling out the remaining section of the bolt and fitting a new nut and bolt. End to end the job took three hours, would have taken two without any issues. The old intercooler had a clear crack at one end and was warped top and bottom.

Finally the work I've done due to the hesitation and black smoke that appeared.

I removed and cleaned the EGR , it was filthy so well worth doing, 10 for carb cleaner.

I changed the MAF based on a hunch, 140 bad call as it wasn't faulty.

I changed the intercooler, 2nd hand from eBay 30, very good call, or I could have paid 260 at my local autofactors.

The car is now running like new, pulls smoothly and now the turbo pressure is restored accelerates really well, mpg at 48. I so glad I found this thread else I would have been into serious amounts of cash at the garage. Thanks for all the advise.
Currently in RobLagunaII's garage:
Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome