Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1 abs early activation fixed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd September 2012 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 1 abs early activation fixed

My first renault bought 3 weeks ago and problems from the start

I couldn't understand why the ABS was kicking in when i was coming to a stop at very low speed.
I'd never owned a renault before so it was a learning curve for me.

The front ABS rings were broken so i replaced them thinking that would sort out my problem but no it didn't. I searched forums for days trying to find a solution...then i came across an article about GM trucks with the same problem which stated something about the air gap, so i decided to have another look...

The front offside sensor was seated a little high ??? hmm its got a bolt holding it in place why is it seated higher than the other side ???

I wanted to take out the sensor and was worried i would break it

I managed with care to remove it (plenty of WD40)
I gave the joint and sensor a good clean then reassembled, I made sure the sensor fitted flush with its mating surface..
The result.... Bingo it works, no more early activation,

Currently in wasntme's garage:
54 plate scenic 1.5 dci 100
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wasntme For This Useful Post:
coup (23rd September 2012), esar (26th September 2013), Prickleypear (25th September 2012)
  5 Lastest Threads by wasntme
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 1.5dci head gasket fail ? Engines ours2012 18 1186 26th October 2015 11:35 PM
Fleabay Ad. Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 1 341 20th July 2015 10:48 PM
Scenic 1.5 dci coolant loss fixed. Heating & cooling johnboyw 1 455 6th July 2015 09:25 PM
DashCams and the law. General Chat sopduztop 9 950 2nd July 2015 07:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome