Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Twizy, how is it holding up to all the rain?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2012 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Twizy, how is it holding up to all the rain?

I was in my local Renault dealers today and whilst browsing the showroom, I spotted a Twizy in the corner. I'm not a fan, so was curious to get up close to one of these.

This isn't a post designed to poke fun, I was seriously impressed.

It looked very smart and I can see the appeal. The door swings up in a futuristic kind of style, the roof resembled a solar panel and there was even a seat in the back which I was surpirised to see.

However, the appeal soon waned as the door creaked and wobbled as I lowered it into place. Then there was a loud clonk as it shut with a firm push.

Then I noticed that there was no window and no apparent way to fit one. The large circular hole in the doorskin for the hinge didn't look waterproof at all.

It was raining heavily and I wondered what these Twizys were like in such weather. Waterproofs and a snorkle are not included I understand. What about the electrics? If Renault can't make dampproof wiring in a normal car, how does the 'open to the elements' Twizy hold up?
  5 Lastest Threads by YOY
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
All going Chinese! Who makes what now? Cars & motoring YOY 12 2002 24th March 2013 07:07 PM
Advice wanted on phone fraud if possible. General Chat YOY 14 2519 20th March 2013 07:05 PM
Fancy a Jag....? I did. General Chat YOY 43 6192 17th March 2013 07:13 PM
Can you make a standard HP printer wireless? Computer Club sfuk 31 13534 23rd December 2012 07:07 PM
Would a faulty TDC sensor affect idle and running? Engines YOY 21 6848 23rd December 2012 09:23 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome