Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio II - fitting parking sensors

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Clio II - fitting parking sensors

As discussed on another thread, I've bought one of these four sensor parking 'radar' things for the Clio. At 25 quid plus postage, I wasn't going to miss the chance

I've no problems with the wiring, but I'm a little nervous about drilling the bumper. I don't want to make a dirty great hole and then find that I can't mount a sensor there for some reason.

On cars I've worked on in the past (e.g. when fitting towbars) a quick peek up under the bumper has usually been sufficient to work out where things are, but the Clio bumper has two huge blocks of white plastic behind it, meaning you really can't see what's what.

In the absence of any other information, I'm going to play it safe and whiz the bumper off. But if anyone else has already 'been there and done that' your experience would be most appreciated

The sensors are supposed to be 50cm from the ground, which means putting them in the matt black bare plastic segment of the bumper rather than the painted part below. It looks like this might come off if I remove the tail lights and two torx screws (I'd know by now if I hadn't left my torx drivers in the caravan, and the caravan wasn't 10 miles away in storage.) Does anyone know if this panel pops out as I suspect, and if so, what's behind it?
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
  5 Lastest Threads by Horatio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II odd ABS fault Electronics jamie 6 3840 22nd May 2011 08:49 AM
Carminat TomTom nightmare Electronics JohnKFreeman 9 16967 7th May 2011 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome