Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RX4 - has anyone got anything positive to say?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2012
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: RX4 - has anyone got anything positive to say?

I'll give an opinion based on my knowledge and experience of how this model is veiwed by the motor trade in my area.
In no way can it be accepted as one of the best 4X4 cars ever designed or manufactured - in fact most garages see it as an excuse for such. The design, strength and reliability of what is expected on such a vehicle doesn't meet the makers claims. The cost or repairs and spares far outweigh the cars capabilities and value. Where I live they are shunned mainly because to get them through MOT all aspects of the 4-wheel drive system must be operational and in good nick and their 4 wheel drive components just aren't up to the task - plus repairs are expensive.
Lets be honest ask yourself the question why are they so cheap on the used car market.
If you are prepared and capable of doing most of your own repairs yes they may be value for a little money but unless you run them into the ground don't expect them to fetch a lot if you decide to re-sell.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome