Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #250 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Originally Posted by dasho52 View Post
Hi I have the same problem,would you reccommend cleaning the egr ,before trying the 10k power boost cleaner ? some of the reviews on halfords website,havent mentioned cleaning the egr ,also on the halfords site they said theyve just used half a can..thanks very much for the advice

Hello Richard,

I can't see the logic in using half the can??? The instructions clearly say use the whole can, after all it's a solvent that works by emulsifying the oil deposits to release them from the walls of the intake system.

The solvent goes into the intake after the Mass Airflow Sensor, through the compressor side of the turbo , through the intercooler and then into the inlet manifold before entering the combustion chamber- that's alot of surfaces to clean with half a can.

The thing that made me believe in it was the plumes of blue/grey smoke that came out while revving it and seeing the sludge in my inlett manifold before using it. If you want to see how bad your engine is, simply remove the plastic pipe going into the inlet manifold and give it a scrape- yours may not be as bad as mine was (huge clumps of carbon near the EGR and gloopy sludge further toward the engine). I considered removing the intake manifold but it looked too big a job and I didn't want to risk shearing the bolts as they also hold the exhaust manifold on.

Good luck, a can is only the cost of 3 gallons of fuel

Currently in Flyingleek's garage:
My Shed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingleek For This Useful Post:
dasho52 (1st October 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome