Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Seeking a 1999 - 2005 Clio 1.3 - What to look for?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Seeking a 1999 - 2005 Clio 1.3 - What to look for?

I have seen a 1998 (r reg) Clio at a cheap dealer down the road from me.

It is priced at 695 (probably worth 400 - 500 but its a dealer). It has just passed its MOT, it has 6 months tax.

He says it has just had new breaks, a new exhaust, front box and back box (I dont know what he means by these boxes).

I got the key and it started up instantly from cold, no dodgey looking smoke coming out of the back. The interior looks clean as does the engine.

The only bad thing is its got 109,000 miles on it. This would normally make most people run a mile, but I just need a mechanically sound car to get me through the next 12 to 24 months.

Oh that wasnt the only bad thing, the main bad thing is that the car is gold, and its a 5 door, i wanted a 3 door.

Either way I am going down for a proper look tomorrow with the wife, hoping to have a test drive. He claims it drives sweet as a nut with no odd squeaks or rattles.

The really good news is the insurance quote I have got for this car is a hell of a lot cheaper than anything else I have got. (considering I passed my test a month ago and am in my early 20s) Insurance will cost me 108 per month. Compared to 180+ a month elsewhere on other motors.

Currently in bjbarboza89's garage:
1998 R Reg Clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome