Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 accident

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2012 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to wizzkid36 Send a message via Skype™ to wizzkid36
Laguna 2 accident

HI all, wonder if someone could give me some advice, cutting along story short I was on Holiday in Dorset and driving down a very narrow(just over width of car) lane where a tractor was coming the other direction, so I pulled into this tiny bit of the road and once the tractor passed by I started to drive off when all of a sudden bang! I thought id bashed a huge put hole or something. I carried on driving the car car felt fine so after a couple of miles I pulled into a garage just to check the passenger side. To my horror I notice a big dent in the passenger side sill about 1 inch deep and 5 inch across. My first thoughts are I have wrecked my car (panicing) but after careful inspection the damage is not as bad as I first thought, looking at the sill its only the outer sill thats damaged, as i pull out one of the drain rubber plugs and was able to see the is a good 1 inch as it looks to that main sill beam(think thats correct)
My questions are, does anyone know how I could get this repaired, costs etc.
Also would this damage (even after repair) in any way effect the structure of the car, for example would it be weaker in a crash etc and should I sell the car??

The damage is about 1 foot away from the passenger side front wheel and also only the bottom of the sill is dented about 1 inch deep and 4-5 inch across the bottom part of the sill. Jack point still intack
Any advice would sure be appreciated on this one as the way I feel at the moment is totally gutted
Currently in wizzkid36's garage:
Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 16v F4R (2004) Almond green
  5 Lastest Threads by wizzkid36
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Airbag + Service light on Laguna 2 Electronics lihpkralc 2 1225 16th June 2014 02:18 PM
Laguna 2 Shock absorbers and Springs Wheels & tyres wizzkid36 0 1540 6th June 2013 07:24 PM
Car looks lower after after market front springs... Steering and Suspension wizzkid36 8 2003 29th May 2013 09:27 PM
Laguna 2 part numbers Wheels & tyres coup 1 1155 29th May 2013 09:21 PM
Top Suspension mount on angle Steering and Suspension potspot 8 2551 22nd May 2013 09:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome