Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault 1994 turbo deisel central locking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault 1994 turbo deisel central locking

Hi everbody. Can anybody help me here please. I 've had my espace about two years now its been laid up for about eighteen months or so , all locks and infra red system worked fine before lay up.

Now i cant lock it using the keys or the infra red system for some reason, I 've stripped out all doors checked for broken or cracked wires repaired the cracked one that i found. the only small problem that i know of and i dont know if this could be the cause is when the key is in the driver door lock barrel and is turned towards the rear of vehicle to try and lock it you can here the lock trying to lock but they dont actually lock and the barrel turns very very slightly at the same time.

When your sat inside th evehicle and press the internal locking switch all doors lock and unlock.

Whilst the espace was laid up the battery was flat for a long time it was taken out recharged and left out till now could this have affected the infra red system at all.

The passengers door lock barrel will not turn at all in any direction is this supposed to be like this or is it just seised up solid, i've drowned it in penitrating oil (still solid) even thought of some gentle heat on it till i noticed part of the lock is nylon, any thought on this would be very much appreciated. king regards martin
Currently in mjmpropman's garage:
1994 espace turbo deisel 2.1
  5 Lastest Threads by mjmpropman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Is There Or Isnt There Heating & cooling a15htn 9 1811 4th August 2007 07:13 PM
1994 Mk2 Espace Central Locking Bodywork mjmpropman 3 1184 29th July 2007 06:35 PM
espace 1994 mk2 ignition barrel Electronics mjmpropman 4 1295 28th July 2007 02:48 PM
espace mk2 1994 seats Espace mr espace 2 2101 19th July 2007 05:58 PM
electric wing mirrors Bodywork mjmpropman 10 2822 18th July 2007 02:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome