Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 NSF wheel bearing replaced now ABS fault ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2012 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Laguna 2 NSF wheel bearing replaced now ABS fault ?

Hi all,

Well here I am again with yet another ABS problem

I've just replaced the NSF wheel bearing as it was giving off a really loud hum, the new bearing is definitely in the correct way round with the magnetic part next to the sensor.

After fitting the bearing at my mates garage I set off home, everything was fine, no bearing noise, no ABS light....then after about 4 mile the ABS / Serv light came on

My initial thought was that maybe the sensor had came loose from its clip, but then I remembered that the NSF sensor also provides the speedo signal and the speedo is working fine.
When I got home I jacked up the car just to check, and everthing is in place just as it should be.

What I don't understand is how the speedo is working fine but the ABS light is on ? ... the sensor must be getting a signal from the bearing to supply the speedo.

Any advice appreciated.

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by TTT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Deleted posts in thread - "Really need advice.... Feedback & Announcements dave_mezza2006 13 1708 10th December 2015 07:59 PM
What's current in your garage? Feedback & Announcements mxp 24 3835 28th August 2015 11:06 PM
Multimeter 9.99 - Lidl Thursday 20/8/15 Tools & equipment TTT 3 1072 18th August 2015 09:42 AM
3 button key card disassembly - Laguna &... Laguna biuro74 1 1917 21st June 2015 08:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome