Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Window regulator

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Window regulator

Originally Posted by Jay63 View Post
I need to purchase 2 window regulators for my 2004 laguna . I have seen lots on eBay at various prices . What I want to know is will any of them fit perfectly or should I source used ones from a scrap vehicle and will these be a perfect fit or do I need specific ones for my year of manufacture or do all mk2 lagunas fit ?
If you haven't already checked, it's most probably only the cables that are frayed/broken. There really is no need to replace the entire regulator assembly even if the motor is shot (get a replacement motor from scrappy if required, they last for years). If motor is ok you can buy replacement cables with fittings on ebay for as little as 4 (a little bit more if you need a new pulley wheel). Fitting the cables is not as difficult as you might expect and there are videos on youtube showing how to do it Don't worry whether it's driver or passenger side instructions as the cables are assembled exactly the same way for both. Hope this helps.
Currently in Stevo1967's garage:
laguna II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome