Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III Drivers Door Closing Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane III Drivers Door Closing Problems

Hello all...

The drivers door on my wife's 59 plate Megane (Dynamique) has stopped closing over fully in the past couple of days. The car locks ok, but it does not seem to want to latch fully, and I'm worried that it screams 'break in to me!!' It also causes the car to frost over on the inside on our cold Scottish mornings!

I've double checked that nothing is jammed (seals, hinge or in the mechanism itself), but I can't seem to find anything. It doesn't make any difference if you try to shut it with a bit more enthusiasm, or lean on it once it's 'closed'.

One of my friends has a Clio with the same issue, so I'm not sure if this is a common problem? If I have missed this thread on a previous post, please accept my apologies.

I'm more than happy to take the whole car apart to get it fixed... just hoping that someone can give me a starter for 10!

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Currently in Richmagee's garage:
Megane III 1.6 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Richmagee
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane III Drivers Door Closing Problems Bodywork dave18 4 6449 13th October 2012 09:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome