Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Alize 1.4 Strange starter problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Alize 1.4 Strange starter problem

Hi All

So the cold weather is here and so are the starting problems!

The car starts, revs go up and then dies down and the engine cuts out. The round light on the dash that flashes for the alarm, flashes from the moment you turn the key.

When it starts correctly this light is solid from the moment you turn the key. So if the light is flashing when you turn the key you know the engine will die (even thought it has started fully).

Mostly after a few times of trying it won't start at all and I have to leave it for about 5-10minutes (I assume it's because the engine is flooded now?) before trying again where it normally starts this time. (though took 40mins of trying today)

I've used a load of WD40 in case damp was getting to the elctrics but am yet to see a positive result.

When running, the car is perfect (execpt for a slight rattle when accelerating at mid point).

Please can you help?
Currently in patrickskilton's garage:
2001 Alize 1.4 5dr
  5 Lastest Threads by patrickskilton
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Alize 1.4 Strange starter problem Cars & motoring hondo 3 1518 15th October 2012 07:38 AM
Clio Alize Starting Problem Engines patrickskilton 2 1142 23rd May 2012 09:33 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome