Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Electronics - Intermittent starting - TDC Sensor ?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio - Electronics - Intermittent starting - TDC Sensor ?

I'm looking for some help with my 2006 Clio Dynamique. I've just had it towed to the dealership and wish i'd looked at this forum sooner to be honest.

For several weeks the windscreen has been SEVERELY misting up on the inside - to the point that I had to squeegee it down with a cloth. I suspect the seal is damaged and was going to get the garage to look at it when it goes in for service week after next.

However - last Monday (having squeegeed the windscreen then dropped my fiance off at work in the morning) the car wouldn't start in the afternoon.
The 'spanner' light comes on and the fault warning light flashes....there is a 'ticking noise' but the engine doesn't turn over.

We tried to jump start - suspecting the battery - no luck. Had an auto-electrician out who says (something like) the key is not being recognised by the car magnetically, which is causing the immobiliser to kick in. He advised for it to go to the dealership for new keys.

However - now looking at this forum, and from something the Green Flag recovery guy said about it possibly being to do with corrosion in a starter connector - i'm wondering if this might also be an issue with the TDC sensor.

Apologies for my non-mechanical wondering if the TDC sensor might have been affected by the water from the inside of the windscreen - and it could be this that needs fixing/replacing rather than the key replacing and re-coding?

I've asked the dealership to look at the issue with the windscreen before they go ahead and order the new key to be coded etc - but would appreciate any external advice since, as i'm sure you can tell i'm not very mechanical and want to avoid being stung for something which isn't really fixing the cause of the problem (so it just ends up happening again!)

I've not seen this anywhere on your forums with a 2006 model so am also thinking I may be way off track and these issues may have been fixed in later models.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Currently in sarlou82's garage:
2006 Renault Clio Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome