Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2 Leaking & rattling Sunroof FIXED!

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Exclamation Warning - don't take safety precautions lightly.

Sorry to bump this old thread however, from my experience this evening, I want to add a warning and some advice:

I finished this job this evening on my wife's Clio. When ensuring the very last bolt was secured, the one in the corner behind the driver's seat, I put a little weight behind the spanner. Sod's law, I slipped back, my finger went sliding along one of the metal ledges at the rear and sliced halfway through a tendon. After 2 hours in A&E I am due to return tomorrow morning for surgery.

I should have worn gloves at this point, and I urge those undertaking this job, that when tightening the bolts at the rear to do the same. The strip at the back is razor sharp, so please take care as I should have.

Still need to reconnect the drain hoses but, surprisingly, there is no pain, so a job well done for me! (Used to accidents, with metal plates in my jaw and a prosthetic elbow joint. )

Fantastic DIY, well worth the pain as I get my car back once my wife's one is dry.
Currently in mah14681's garage:
2001 Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v Sport, 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 LX (95)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome