Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 16v not revving past 2k

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Clio 1.2 16v not revving past 2k

Hi there, this is my first post and after some searching around. Iv found loads of similiar problems but no certain fixes.

I bought a clio 1.2 16v 51 plate a year and a half ago. Its been sitting due to financial issues and getting banned and now im wanting to get it on the road.

With it being sitting, it took a while to start but it did and all was fine, and i thought great.
I changed the lambda sensors due to the front one needing replaced so i done both.
And well its been sat for another few months and its all gone downhill.
It now starts but does not revv.
Iv changed the throttle pedal, throttle body , MAP sensor , crankshaft sensor, new spark plugs, new lambda sensrs and well im at a deadend.
I borrowed my dads fault finder and it did have a P0120 and a P0225 but both have since vanished but left me with the problem.
The only thing lit on the dashboard is the orange glow plug symbol which only recently appeared.
Im at a dead end here and im really not wanting to scrap it.

Iv read it can be the coil pack or the wiring from the ECu to the pedal but wanting any other advise before i go about them.

Thanks in advance,
Currently in andydorrill's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 16v petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by andydorrill
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.2 16v not revving past 2k Cars & motoring andydorrill 8 3029 20th October 2012 03:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome