Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2005 Megane Cabriolet with leaking roof

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2005 Megane Cabriolet with leaking roof

I have a 2005 plate Megane Cabriolet and the roof has just started leaking when it rains. The rain drips through the join between the roof and the windscreen panel on the drivers side of the vehicle, leaving the driving seat wet and drips on my right arm when driving! I took it into a Renault garage and they said I'd been lucky to own the car for so long without experiencing the issue before now - They suggested it was normal which isn't what I would expect. There is a visible gap between the right side of the windscreen and the bodywork holding the windscreen in place so I'm satisfied that I really do need to get it fixed ASAP and it's not just a seal issue but without even venturing out of their office the Renault garage quoted me 600 for the repair and I'm scared it may be more as they quoted without looking at it (again not what I would expect!). Does anybody know if this is a problem which is easy to fix and could be undertaken by a local independent garage, if so any ideas on a reasonable charge? - Obviously being the weekend it's difficult to contact any smaller garages and I need to get it sorted before I damage the interior. Thanks
Currently in Rach136's garage:
2005 Megane Cabriolet 1.6 Petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by Rach136
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2005 Megane Cabriolet with leaking roof Bodywork Rach136 0 1661 20th October 2012 08:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome