Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Rear Brakes Lock On when Reversing

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio Rear Brakes Lock On when Reversing

Hi, I have had this problem, on and off for some months now. Its the n/s rear and it raise up when I go to pull away first this in morning. If I reverse a little it releases. Its now been to 2 different garages of 3 occassions and first garage said they dont know whats wrong after adjusting handbrake cable on two different ocassions. Then another garage, said they had oiled or grease it and which seem to solve the problems for about a month and then this morning and yesterday it happened again. It raised up on the suspension and its usually when I have parked up in the rain. I am reluctant to keep taking it to garages and paying for them to say we have greased it or we dont know whats wrong and then the problem re-occurring. Also the brakes judder when brake at speed. However the brakes have been looked at on many occasions and recently had MOT. Any suggestions? Im thinking of just going ahead and having brakes and drums replaced anyway as I cant keep getting into car with fingers crossed it will move, but as money is tight, dont wanna be paying out if its a simple fix, but if simple fix why cant garages sort it once and for all Any advice would be appreciated. I have a 1998 1.6 clio. Im not good with cars, so taking them off myself it not really an option. Thanks for your time
Currently in suzannabella's garage:
Clio II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome