Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Brake warning light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Brake warning light

Hey all,

I have a W plate Renault Laguna which has the brake warning light permanently on.

The car brakes very well, just the slightest touch and its braking quite effectively, and the handbrake applies with in around 5/6 clicks.

So far I've been able to check the front pads, and they have plenty of meat on them, however, they also have the wear sensor wires present, but they are not connected. On previous cars I've owned, I was supplied with pads with the wires when the car itself didn't support wear sensing so I just cut the wires off, so im not overly concerned about this .

Does the laguna have wear sensors, and if so where should I be looking to locate the connectors? as I cant find them anywhere near where they should be, and does the presence of the wires mean that the pads are indeed the wrong type and could account for the overly sensitive braking and explain the permanent light?

As yet I have been unable to check the rears as they are drums, and it would seem i need to take the hub nut off to remove these and inspect the shoes. Can anyone confirm the size of socket I will need as I will most likely have to hire or borrow one (I gave all my tools away last year...long story)

I have checked the brake fluid level and it is fine, so my final question is, what else can I check that would possibly account for the light always being on?

Thanks for reading and i look forward to any replies

Currently in kevinr's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna
  5 Lastest Threads by kevinr
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lower arm/shocks advice Brakes/Hubs kevinr 0 558 29th November 2012 03:59 PM
Blower controls Heating & cooling kevinr 3 850 29th October 2012 03:08 PM
Hello all Welcome to RenaultForums HeatherJ 1 412 25th October 2012 08:52 AM
Brake warning light Brakes/Hubs kevinr 4 969 25th October 2012 08:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome