Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

View Single Post
post #105 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

Originally Posted by Margaret Dawson View Post
I have an R reg Scenic and have always noticed a sloshing sound coming from the passengers side but never though much of it.
Now it is leaking big time - about 2 inches of water in the footwell under both front seats, soaked carpets and water in the storage compartments in the back.
I have read several forums and they all appear to suggest its caused by a blocked drainpipe in the sunroof - when trying to remove this pipe and blow through to remove the blockage the pipe was stuck fast and would not come off - I am loath to take it to the garage as I am paying back a loan of 1,500 for a new transmission I had to have fitted recently.
Help please!!

I had trouble with water with my W reg Scenic.When
i went around a left or right corner you could hear
water sloshing around the dashboard area.It got so bad,that one day the water came down onto my wifes feet when i turned a right hand bend,she was
in the passengers side.When i got home i lifted the bonnet and removed the grill below the windscreen
wipers.Under this grill there is a drainage hole this was blocked with leaves,causing the water to enter
the car.There are two drainage holes,one in the right
corner and one in the left corner.Clear these by useing a stiff piece of wire and push the wire down
these drain holes.It is NOT the blocked drain pipe for
the sun roof,but the two drain holes situated behind the grill.The grill is located beneath the front windscreen wipers.Hope this helps.
Regards Henry
Currently in henryisaacs's garage:
renault scenic 1.9dti
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome