Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio light won't turn off and steeringwheel won't lock. Help!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Radio light won't turn off and steeringwheel won't lock. Help!

My brother had to jump start the car. He accidently mixed up the negative and positive cables and in doing so the main fuse on the positive terminal blew.

I replaced the fuse. Car starts just fine and everything seems to work. But when I shut off the car the problems begin:

1. The SERVICE lamp is on. And the display says: Steering not locked!. The wheel won't lock no matter what I do.
2. The radio won't turn completely off. The display screen centered on top of the dashboard turns off, but tut the radio itself with all it's buttons don't shut off. The ilumination behind all the buttons is still on! And remains on. Perhaps this was why the battery drained in the first place. I don't know.

How do I fix it? I had to phull the 20A fuse in the dash, cutting power to all the instruments in order for the battery not to drain.

Why is the radio not turning off completely? Help is needed! I have no idea what's happening. Everything else on that fuse (instrument lights etc) turns off like they are supposed to, exept the radio itself..
Currently in firewalk's garage:
2003 Renault Megane
  5 Lastest Threads by firewalk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Radio light won't turn off and steeringwheel... Cars & motoring firewalk 3 1047 25th October 2012 07:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome