Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 NSF wheel bearing replaced now ABS fault ?

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2012
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Laguna 2 NSF wheel bearing replaced now ABS fault ?

The speedo may be using one of the other wheel speed sensors?

I just got DDT2000 and a Renault cable but it will not find any control modules on my Mk1. Oddly my mates cheap hand held tool would find modules for his Lag 2 but would not communicate with my Lag1 so I need to find out what language my car diagnostics is speaking.

In my last post I said the expensive garage diagnostics kit had two types of faults - a sensor fault and a target (that is on the bearing) fault. If the DDT2000 has these 2 fault types then it seems to be telling you it is the sensor and not the bearing. Is it possible to swap a left and right sensor over? If your fault moves after swapping the sensors then you definitely know it is not the bearing. Looking at my sensors, the bottom is cut away where it runs over the back of the bearing, but even if they are 'handed' left and right, I am sure you could slide either in the hole for a test, even though the fixing screw hole would be turned through 180.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome