Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II handbrake module

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic II handbrake module

After long time since my las post, i found few minutes to write something.
I post my module to the guy in Poland with lines to be checked, in two days i got a phone call so it can be reoaired for 35 pounds plus postage (thirty five pounds if somebody does not believe me). He told me over the phone so there was electronic problem on the borad because the electric motor was overloaded, I mean was not able to pull in lines to apply handbrake,. His suggestion was to check the calipers (stucked pistons) and change the brake pads at rear. I got the parcel , fiited back (my lines were ok) disassembly the calipers, and OMG, right side completely stucked, even moved 2 mm, so cleaned that, fit new brake pads, and voila! it works perfect, .Next day my caliper was stucked but it was not related to the electronic module, but to the caliper. I was talking to my mechanic who was boss of the mechanics in renault garage in Cavan, Ireland, so they are pain in the **** , i mean calipers, when getting cold they are not working properly. He connected me to the computer to reset error codes and ther is an option called EXTREME COLD, he activate EXTREME COLD, it measn so handbrake is not applying automatically, and it is not pulling lines in so hard. Handbrake is working perfect after that.
Total cost 40 euros postage both ways, 35 euros for labour, new pads 17 euros, and my labour. All together less than 100 euro. If somebody interested, i can provide details of that guy, I remember i have no cash profit from recommending him .
Currently in czajosek's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic 1.5dci 80hp, 2004 Renault Megane 1.5dci 80hp
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to czajosek For This Useful Post:
derekgaml (17th December 2012), Ekand (14th May 2013), Stylot (27th December 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome