Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - water in foot well and under back seat

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: water in foot well and under back seat

Just in case you've not come across this:

Clio 2 Leaking & rattling Sunroof FIXED!

After taking the inner surround (pseudo-seal) and the glass to frame seal out, tape up the inner edges of the sunroof frame where they could possibly be sharp . Use duct tape I say this as I have just started 3 months' of physio to repair a sliced extensor tendon when doing this job a few weeks ago Sods law, I was only double-checking the last bolt was tight, so I'd only just finished the job

My wife's car had this problem, with water in both footwells on the driver's side and dampness on the passenger side. Fixed the problem, the next one you'll come across is drying the carpets:

Best way to dry the carpets is to take them out, along with as much liner as you can. Pig of a job but, wife doesn't want me to do that so stuck with using moisture traps and keeping the car hot after vaxing it. It's going to take months before she realises she needs me to take the carpets out to do the job properly

Good luck, wear gloves if in doubt, haha - owch

Currently in mah14681's garage:
2001 Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v Sport, 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 LX (95)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome