Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio III nearside trim, replacement possible?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Clio III nearside trim, replacement possible?

The missing door piece is clipped.
The missing rear piece is clipped in also,you can see one of the white plastic clips still stuck in the body.

Hopefully the wandering scum ended up with at least a broken front piece,if they wanted a cheapo bit for their own car,or maybe it was pure yobboism.

The rear part: Breaker guy should give to you for a few quid as it will pull off!.
The alternative would be buying a whole bodyshell

I would recommend getting brand new trim clips from renault, less than 1 each.

The door part.the black bit looks ok to me ?
Could easily fill in the damage with some plastic repair or something.Its removal I dont know,meg III you just undo one screw and slide the whole unit backwards..its the bit behind the door thats the pia on mine!

Your real/most expensive problem is the front door piece that had the repeater/clio logo on it .
Was the wiring ripped out too?.

See if this breaker person will allow you to strip the rear pannelling off a door to get at the front part or even as mr yobbo did pull it off.
If you try and pull it off you could break the retaining pieces and it could end up useless.
Getting access to the back would be ideal and push it out from behind.
You could do that with the black strip also,but mr breaker may just want to sell a n/s door complete with all bits n pieces and not want it stripped.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome