I've got the same issue - MOT has failed for this due to as I understand the new regs on airbag sensor/warning lights.
Looking at the pics above, you've had the clip connector to the seat air bag bypassed with hard wiring - it looks OK to me at first glace.
The issue most people have is the grey block connectors which you still have fitted I see, you should try prising the yellow side clip out with a flat head screwdriver - the connector will then force itself apart.
Put a bit of WD-40 in there and reconnect. Do this for both seats - I did and crossed fingers but no luck.
I've yet to solve my issue, here's what I've done so far (2001 1.2 Dynamique).
1. Cut the wires to the grey block connector and rewired it using terminal blocks (passenger side). Passenger side has only the seat belt tensioner connected via the grey block connector (2 wires either side)
2. Repeated the above for the driver side. Drivers side has the seat belt tensioner, seat belt engaged switch and airbag (I think).
3. WIggled all wires around with the ignition on, disconnected and reconnected all connectors under both seats.
4. Disconnected the
for the airbags whicgh is under the ashtray - all of the trim unclips easily. Its just a few screws and bolts. Inspected it, more WD-40 and reconnected.
5. Placed 3.9ohm resistors at each seatbelt tensioner connection point as a load. This means ignition off, disconnecting the blue/brown wires and placing the resistor across these points and switching ignition on. Also placed the resistor across the airbag connecter point
No joy - Serv and airbag light still on.
To do: Check the side impact sensors for the side airbags (these should be under the bottom trim at the pillar points on both sides. I'll try disconnecting/reconnecting and using the resistor as a load again.
So, I'm thinking -
a) wiring fault issue in the loom somewhere, perhaps a broken cable. That'll mean checking each cable end to end with a meter.
issue - requires replacement
It's back to the garage tomorrow but I'm thinking it's going to be off the road for a bit.
I'll explain what I've tried to them and ask for a diagnostic.
I'll post back with some info/pics if it gets fixed.
Two Renault cars here: Engine wise they have been great - Electrically they are dogs.
1. Scenic '05: Keycard Issues, Heater resistor (x2), heater blower,
, Windows (x3), Air con.
2. Clio: Windows, Heater blower, AIrbag light
Fixed everything myself thanks to this place but so far this airbag has done me.