Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio washer pump fuse

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
washer pump not working

This is what we've found out today ...

It seems it all stems from the gearbox swap , if we turn the rear wiper on using the switch on the stalk and then turn it off , the rear wiper stays on and as yet the only way to stop it is to turn the ignition off when it will stay off till you activate the front wipers again, also if you turn the front wipers on using the stalk the rear one comes on too, even if its switched off. Also if you pull the wiper stalk towards you to activate the washer pump, my initial problem , the wipers dont come on , cant remember if this did happen before the gear box swap..... does this sound like there is a wiring issue as all was ok before they changed the gear box, i'm presuming there are some switches on the gear box to activate the rear wiper when selecting reverse if the front wipers are on etc....

Any one got any ideas ? , i've spoken to the garage today and they say they will have a look at but cant understand why its as it is.

Thanks in advance

Currently in jmb_clio's garage:
2000 Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome