Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault 1994 turbo deisel central locking

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 14th October 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Martin you asked earlier in the thread how to check if the plip is emitting a signal.

If you use a digital camera or mobile phone camera and press the button whilst looking through camera you should see a bright light emitting from the plip.

I had a 95 Lag 1 Estate,and I'm not sure if its the same system but my plip just stopped working one day and because it was diesel i could not get the immobiliser off.I searched the net for hours trying to resolve but ended up towing the car to Renault and paying the 35 to have the plip reprogrammed.If you take your logbook and some id to your dealer they should be able to give you the code for the immobiliser if you dont have it,I think they charge about 15 for this

I have a newer shape Espace now(same as Shaun Wall) and the key only locks and unlocks the passenger door(which is stupid as its meant to be central locking) as thats the only one with a lock.But its a different system to my old Lag as it has the transponder in the key which is read by the aerial thing behind the ignition cowling.

When your car was on the road did you have to use the plip to lock and unlock after the car had sat without the ignition on for a couple of mins? If so this is the same as the Lag 1's
Currently in zinx's garage:
1998 Grand Espace RXE Full Leather 2.2dt G8T
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome