Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Fidji - Mould under bonnet

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Fidji - Mould under bonnet

Hi everyone, first post here! I'm not very knowledgeable about cars so I apologise in advance if I ask any stupid questions.

I have searched the FAQ and the Megane forum but haven't found the answer to my question so thought I'd post here.

This past weekend I purchased a 2nd hand Renault Megane Fidji (2001). On the underside of the bonnet there is a fabric 'panel' which has got 2 mouldy patches, one under each of the windscreen jets.

My question is, is there any way the mould spores can be spread into the car by me using the fan/heater? I asked the salesman at the garage I bought it from and he assured me there was no way the mould would get into the air circulation but I wasn't sure if he was just saying that.

Alternatively, would it cause the car/engine any problems if I just removed the fabric? This is the first time I've seen a fabric panel like this on the underside of a bonnet, none of my previous cars have ever had one.

Thanks in advance!
Currently in Raggamuffin's garage:
2001 Renault Megane Fidji
  5 Lastest Threads by Raggamuffin
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Fidji - Mould under bonnet Cars & motoring saabguy 12 2504 15th November 2012 09:09 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome