Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Condensation

Thread: Condensation
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I am sure someone will tell me otherwise:

For a few years I have been having a problem with my 2006 clio privilidge in the this time of the year the inside steams up a lot and when the weather is colder, the inside windows freeze. (I have posted here previously about this)

However it seems that the drainholes under the bonnet are blocking with leaves, dirt etc and the rain water in sitting rather than draining and this is causing the problems when the weather starts to get damp and cold.

Twice over the years I have taken to the garage to have the drains unblocked and last year he had to take the wing off????

Anyway I may be starting to experience the problems again this year but would like to try to sort this myself before it gets too bad.

On lifting the bonnet - screen side there are grills either side and these seem to have some fixing screw?? but this does not remove the grill, further more it doesn't look like just the grills can be removed as it seems to be part of a bigger piece. (hence posting in bodywork)

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to get at these drains so that I can ensure they stay clear.

Last weekend I tried to flush some hot water and washing up liquid through but the drivers side, in particular, was very slow to drain and I am not sure if it has fully drained.

Can anyone help without having to be without my car for a day ??

5 Lastest Threads by Jano432
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scuttle drains Bodywork Jano432 18 2728 2nd February 2014 11:03 AM
Loss of power Engines wyn burgess 3 649 5th January 2014 09:57 PM
clio privelidge Engines Jano432 2 744 20th October 2013 12:48 PM
Condensation Bodywork Jano432 8 2133 15th November 2012 05:06 PM
Clio Windows Steaming up inside and freezing Heating & cooling Jano432 5 5525 4th December 2011 09:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome