Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water damange??

Thread: Water damange??
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Water damange??

Originally Posted by bambrown View Post
My Renault Grand Scenic 1.5 DCi 06 plate has gone serious electronic problems we put it into a Renault Garage and they said it was a blocked rain oulet that had caused water damage to the electronics we dried it all out and it worked again but now has been getting worse each time it rains we think, anyone else had this, any tips on how to fix etc, we had a windscreen changed a while back which is now cracked could that be part of the issue, seal or something or this crack? Any help would be much appreciated.
If you want my advise I would get shot of the car! Common fault! The water gathers under the passenger seat and corrodes the main multi plug for the main two wiring lomb's. I work for a garage and have just renewed the two lomb's at a cost of 1300 and over 40 hours labour. If the water damage gets too bad it will/can create damage to other main components. The one I am repairing spiked the steering lock which cost another 240+. We have now got the car running but have problems with the radio. Our customer has this repair covered by insurance but the bill will be arround 3500 and the car's not worth much more than that. It should have been written off!

Get rid before it all starts!
Currently in howesthat's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome