Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing NSR Door on Renault Grand Scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Replacing NSR Door on Renault Grand Scenic

Dear all,

Following two separate encounters with bollards, the NSR door of our 05 Renault Grand Scenic needs to be replaced.

I've been quoted around 400-500 to do this work 'properly' at a body shop but was wondering whether there were some corners I could cut.

The garage above will source a new door from the Renault dealership, respray it to match, respray surrounding body work and sill. However, the vast majority of the damage is on the door only and I think that the new door will improve the aesthetics by 95%.

As scenic doors are relatively easy to source from ebay / espares and our colour (cobalt blue) is also relatively popular, I was wondering whether I'd be able to find a door which at least matched the rest of the bodywork. Fitting this would require no respraying.

However, our scenic has colour coded door handles and the majority of doors I've looked at have silver ones.

My specific questions are as follows:

1. If I bought a new replacement door, would it be possible for a garage to swap its silver door handle with a blue one from the old dented door? Or is this not worth the hassle.

2. If I bought a new 'bare' replacement door is it relatively easy for a garage to transfer the trim / window / electrics from the old door to the new?

Thanks in advance! Any other advice would be much appreciated.
Currently in jph206's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic 1.5 DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by jph206
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Replacing NSR Door on Renault Grand Scenic Bodywork jph206 4 2047 17th November 2012 11:30 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome