Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2004 scenic MOT - check emissions

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2004 scenic MOT - check emissions

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Imagine you had an engine fault and one day you attempted to accelerate out of a junction onto a busy road and the car failed to do so - would you not see that as a safety issue.

The argument of two garages, etc may point to the fact they were inexperienced or lacked the knowledge to work on your particular model.

If the window glass ain't broke you may be able to have it propped closed from inside the door thus improving the security and weather proofing.
Haha nice theory about lacked knowledge of particular model. Out of desperation and constant breakdowns I eventually (reluctantly) even asked the Renault dealership to fault find. They kept it overnight and returned it to me telling me they couldn't find anything....

Finally after a complete breakdown it was towed to a garage and after about a week was finally diagnosed. So did the warning light save me - er no.

Had it been an MOT fail back then the car would probably have gone to scrap since nobody was able to sort the problem and continuing to drive it for months was the only thing that eventually bought things to a head. Car electronics are fickle and they get worse with age.

I've been told that Check Emissions covers about 150 possible engine related faults. Since when did an MOT need to cover all that?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome