Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #270 of (permalink) Old 24th November 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by Vorix View Post
I've just replaced the climate control resistor/unit in my 2006 Grand Scenic 2.0 petrol. Wouldn't have tried it without the advice in this thread but I also never want to have to do it again. Took over 2 hours because one of the green loom connector retaining lugs snapped off when trying to get it out of the old unit.
Like many others, I have little feeling in my right forearm and little skin left in parts too. However, I do now have a fan that works on all 8 speeds, which is a great result.
Also replaced the pollen filter which was full of crap - hopefully that will help the airflow too.
Seems I spoke too soon - the replacement component has either got a loose connection or has failed. Admittedly it was an ebay purchase, so not an original part but this is so depressing

Anyway, will have to sacrifice the skin on my right arm again to check it out and then order another unit - using a different seller this time, although I suspect they all come from the same factory in China.
Currently in Vorix's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic 2.0 Dynamique S
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome