Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Renault Clio - 19 year old on finance?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: New Renault Clio - 19 year old on finance?

Originally Posted by vavaboom View Post

I want it on finance. What are the chances of being accepted you reckon?
I dont know as to that but check all your options carefully.
a. What deals are renault doing on minimum trade in value, warranty, finance etc.
If the only deal is something like 0% finance ,you have to factor in that the finance co. isnt a charitable institution.
You will be paying somehow.
ie this figure of 15695 is full list price?
Cash buyer should be able to get 1500-1600 off that and the dealer is still making a profit.
With finance from renault you would be paying full price so you pay an extra 1500+

Check into all the options beforehand,if you get finance outside renault it might work out cheaper,depending on what other deals renault has.Checking if any other finance house,lending institution or your bank will give you a loan for a car will also tell you what your credit is like.

Thinking of bribing the car salesman by giving him 1000 personally so he can give me a good deal.
The trouble with that is , he/the dealer gets paid a cut from the renault finance crowd + his normal slice of the pie. You give him 1000, assuming hes willing to take it and you would have to get 2000 off the price you would have been charged somehow to make it worth it.
He would lose whatever % of 2000 he would normally get ,maybe 100? so hes already down to 900 and he has to do the paperwork to make the sale seem legitimate,and that much off the normal bargaining range would seem suspicious ,even if it was approved.
+ you would already be down 1000.
Its not like your local renault dealer and salesperson will have trained at the "Arthur Dailey/Del Boy" academy.
You were kidding anyway right

Should I just leave it to next year, where I can put a bigger deposit down (credit should be even better also)

Also, most importantly.. does the new clio look like a car worth buying?

You could leave it, ,you reckon you will have 3000 saved by Jan,I hope that doesnt include a 100 budget for Cmas spending !

Check the reviews on the new clio.also check out other similar cars,polo,ford,toyota etc..its allways good to have checked around on other cars and deals,or at least say you have when going to buy..

New clio looks really good , especially in that candy red metallic and I think theyre using a 4 cyl diesel compared to like ford and vw with their 3 cylinder ones for the good mileage versions.
(never liked 3 cyl engines much ,or 5 cyl ones )
Just me personally,I wouldnt be in a big rush to buy the 1st year production of any model.
There might have been exaustive testing and quality checks but it seems there are allways a few things that werent discovered initially that get fixed on later production .

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
The Following User Says Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
vavaboom (7th December 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome