Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane - Front end noise/vibration

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane - Front end noise/vibration

I have a 99 Megane 1.6 16V coupe and have a problem with a noise coming from the front end and appears to be drivers side. So far I seem to have had all the other common faults associated with ownership and have changed both rear bearings, both front driveshafts and one of the front bearings but this problem alludes me.

The noise presents itself as a hum from about 40 mph upwards and is particularly bad (it howls) when turning to the right even by the smallest amount. There is also a small amount of vibration that can be felt throughout the cabin but not too much. Conversely when I turn left the problem disappears.

It is very hard to locate precisely where the noise is coming from. I checked both wheels for any play and found none but out of desperation decided to change the front right hand bearing and unfortunately no improvement. The only remaining choice is to change the other front bearing however I don't think it will make a difference. I fear it may be something more sinister which is why i'm desperate for any help anyone can offer and it's driving me nuts. The clock is reading approximately 95K, any ideas anyone please?

Much appreciated

5 Lastest Threads by Hayden
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane - Front end noise/vibration Cars & motoring steven 7 2149 3rd October 2005 05:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome