Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Why do we all buy a renault?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2005
A former user
Renault's were never my dream car during my formative years.

In fact I was a volkswagen fan for many of my early driving years running a very early golf mk1 gti, scirroco, polo, and a cal look beetle complete with porsche block.

Having settled and raised a family comfort and safety became my priority. I owned an old Renault 25 which I picked up for a song and found that my driving style became more laid back as I relaxed into the airchair soft drivers seat. Reliability was above what I had experienced with the various VW's and so I began to realise the benefits of driving a renault.

I moved onto an ex company Laguna Phase 1 from the R25 and drove around for two hassle free years before things like the heater matrix started to go wrong.

I really liked the shape of the Laguna II when it came out in 2001 and also the level of equipment as standard on the higher spec models.

I picked mine up again as a used ex fleet vehicle with full history.

Xenon Lights, Assisted Emergency Braking, Bipolar Climate Control, Quality Audio, Half Leather, etc etc etc.

Since then I have to admit to being strapped for cash with the cost of parts when things do break and lack of breakers that have 2nd hand parts available and dismayed at the lack of proper care the local dealership seems to employ when trying to solve faults.

Thing are imporving though as the new shape and technology is nearly 5 years old now parts are more easy to get hold of. Also the tyre dealers now how to change the tyres without breaking the pressure sensors !!

This forum has also helped to point me in the right direction with problems.

My next car ?

Probably a GT205 when they start appearing on the 2nd hand ex fleet car market.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome