Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 1st December 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

Originally Posted by forlix View Post
Mate, can you tell me what kind the bulbs were that you bought? Did you buy the bare bulbs or complete with the plastic sockets??

I need to replace mine as well and I've got them out already, but they look totally different than any standard socket I've seen. One can remove the bulbs from the plastic sockets but I couldnt find a source for the bare bulbs either (4.8mm dia. x11mm long, around 1W). I attached a pic of the parts in question. A standard 1.2W bulb in a B8.5d socket is shown on top for comparison and would be fine in terms of brightness, but that socket is too big and doesn't fit into the holes of the radio display
in the top dash, for the clock-radio display, all mine were as per the black one in the picture.

I recently changed the bulbs for the bottom dash, for the heater/blower controls. They were push-fit type. None of mine were anything like the yellow ones in your picture. The loose bulb in your picture, did you pull that from the yellow holder? It looks like it shouldn't have been...if so.
I'm sure it won't be a unique Renault bulb, I mean......why go to the bother of that when there are already hundreds on the market.
Halfords, or a more knowledgeable independant shop will sort you out I'm sure.
Currently in Paul2012's garage:
Megane Monaco.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome