Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Mk 3 - Do I need to remove the front bumper?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Megane Mk 3 - Do I need to remove the front bumper?

Originally Posted by sokath View Post

Not sure if this belongs here or under electronics...but here goes..

I have just noticed that one of the front fog lights on my Megane has been cracked/smashed, looks like stone hit it or something. I assume I have to replace the entire unit (unless someone can direct me to a spare cover?) but I need to know if I need to take the bumper off to do so? Is there any way of getting to the back of the unit while its still on the car?

If the bumper does need to come off, does anyone have any tips, pointers or things to avoid while doing it?

Many thanks.
1. there isnt enough info on your car. For fog lights, need to know if its petrol or diesel
associated with that it also depends on which side is cracked.

2. having said that .
The fog lights are the normal full unit renault type held in with 4 bolts.
You will need to get a full unit.
3.If your car is a diesel you will be able to get access to both sides with a little arm twisting for removal, thru the wheelarches by removing a couple of torx screws.
4. if its petrol , you can only really get access to the drivers side thru the wheelarch.
5.For both types. you can remove the front plastic undertray(like 8 bolts and you should have access to the back of both foglamps for removal.
Its a little more work but since you are replacing the unit and not a bulb, its probably worth it.
The bumper doesnt need to be removed.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 2nd December 2012 at 01:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
adamsanderson tce (15th November 2013), Robray123 (20th January 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome